STUDYING AT BHI
The BHI is a local educational institute which focuses on supporting the rural youth to access higher education and encouraging them to return to their communities after graduation and to use their knowledge and skills to assist the development of their rural areas.
With a strong focus on the present and future requirements of the region’s economy and people empowerment, the BHI specializes in the fields of community enterprise, agriculture and rural development, business management, public administration and education management.
The BHI deeply cares about the success of its students and their contribution to the development of the Cambodian society. Most importantly, the quality of its degrees is tried to be ensured to enable graduates to get a job and live in dignity.
The BHI is committed to impart a depth of knowledge in the students’ major fields of studies as well as a breadth of knowledge outside their major field of studies. The most successful graduates can obtain a great mastery of specific subject matter within business and development fields. They are able to operate effectively within the wider context of the economy and the society but more specifically within their rural communities.
To be effective practitioners in the field and in their communities, the BHI provides students with up-to-date knowledge, development skills and business experiences. The BHI also encourages students to develop positive attitudes and a high level of commitment which will be beneficial when they are seeking employment or establishing their own business.
ADVANTAGES OF THE BHI
1. Provides scholarships of 40% of school fees for the 4-years program to 100
poor students every year.
2. Provides currently dormitory accommodations for 31 female students.
3. Offers free access to email and internet for all students.
4. Offers excellent programs that respond to the needs of the job market.
5. Has high qualified teachers with relevant skills and experiences, including high-
level teaching skills.
6. Assists students to look for jobs.
7. Provides educational opportunities to the rural and vulnerable youth.
8. Gives the possibility to cut the financial burden by several social projects and the associate degree.
9. Tries to enhance social and moral skills additionally to the professional skills.”